- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! George Coleman Poage becomes the first Afro American to win a medal in an Olympic Games. He won two bronze medals in the 1904 Olympics !
- Today in Afro History ! Thomas Mundy Peterson becomes the first Afro American to vote because of the 15th Amendment in 1870 !
- Today in Afro History ! Jackie Joyner-Kersee breaks record in the heptathlon with 7161 points in 1986 !
- Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps is a new dad
- Today in Afro History ! Activist Steve Biko is arrested by South African police in 1977. He would later die from injuries suffered during his arrest. South Africa is banned from 1964 Olympics because of apartheid.
Today n Afro History ! Bob Beamon breaks the world long jump record at the 1968 Olympics. which remained unbroken for 22 years ! was last modified: September 28th, 2018 by Marc Alexander