- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! Sgt. William H. Carney becomes first Afro American to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1900 !
- Today in Afro History ! Jamaica proclaims independence from the United Kingdom in 1962 !
- Today in Afro History ! Civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Mickey Schwerner are murdered in Mississippi by Klu Klux Klan in 1964.
- Today in Afro History ! The murderer of civil rights activist Medgar Evers is finally convicted over thirty years later in 1994. Bob Douglas becomes the first Afro American inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1972 !
- Today in Afro History ! The Georgia Infirmary, located near Savannah, is Chartered by whites in 1832 to care for afflicted and elderly Africans, making it the first hospital for Afro Americans in America.
Today in Afro History ! Three White teens are convicted of murdering Afro American, Michael Griffith in Howard Beach, New York in 1987. was last modified: November 30th, 2018 by Marc Alexander