- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! The 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment that was composed of Afro American solders, attack Fort Wagner in 1863 !
- Today in Afro History ! “Freedom’s Journal”, the first Afro American owned and operated newspaper published in the United States. Founded in 1827 !
- Today in Afro History ! Thurgood Marshall is nominated to become the first Afro American on the U.S. Supreme Court in 1967 !
- Today in Afro History ! Jane Bolin becomes the first Afro American woman Judge in the United States. She was appointed by N.Y.C Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia to The Court of Domestic Relations in 1939 !
- Today in Afro History ! Thurgood Marshall becomes the first Afro American Supreme Court Justice in 1967 ! Guion Bluford becomes the first Afro American in space in 1983 !
Today in Afro History ! The 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion, an all Afro army volunteer unit was activated in 1943, making them the first Afro American paratroopers. AKA “The Triple Nickels” was last modified: December 30th, 2018 by Marc Alexander