- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! The first Pan African Conference held in London in 1900 ! James R. Jordan Sr. ( Father of Michael Jordan ) passes away in 1993 !
- Today in Afro History ! The murderer of civil rights activist Medgar Evers is finally convicted over thirty years later in 1994. Bob Douglas becomes the first Afro American inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1972 !
- Today in Afro History ! The Montgomery Bus Boycott begins in 1955 !
- Today in Afro History ! Barry Bonds breaks single season home run record by hitting his 71 and 72 home run in 2001 !
- Today in Afro History ! The Republic of the Congo gains independence from France in 1960 !
Today in Afro History ! Michael Jordan returns to Bulls after a 17 month retirement in 1995. Phoenix is striped of hosting the Super Bowl after Arizona refused to recognize MLK Holiday in 1991. was last modified: March 19th, 2018 by Marc Alexander