Mary Jane Patterson’s home in Washington D. C.
- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! Ralph Bunche becomes the first Afro American Appointed to the State Department in 1944 !
- Today in Afro History ! Booker T. Washington inducted into The Hall of Fame For Great Americans in 1945 !
- Today in Afro History ! Frederick Douglas’ home in Washington D.C. is declared a national shrine in 1922 !
- Today in Afro History ! Jane Bolin becomes the first Afro American woman Judge in the United States. She was appointed by N.Y.C Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia to The Court of Domestic Relations in 1939 !
- Today in Afro History ! The Supremes becomes the first all female group to have a No. 1 selling album in 1966 ! Actor, Cleavon Little passes away in 1992 !
Today in Afro History ! Mary Jane Patterson becomes the first Afro American woman to earn a B. A. Degree when she receives her Degree from Oberlin College in 1862 ! was last modified: May 1st, 2018 by Marc Alexander