- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! Jack Johnson defeats Tommy Burns, making him the first Afro American, World Heavyweight Champion in 1908 !
- Today in Afro History ! Guinea-Bissau declares independence from Portugal in 1973 !
- Today in Afro History ! Jupiter Hammon, who was a slave in New York, publishes “An Evening Thought” in 1760, which is the first work by an Afro American to be published in the U.S.
- Today in Afro History ! Saint Kitts and Nevis joins the United Nations in 1983 !
- Today in Afro History ! Anguilla becomes a British dependency territory in 1980 !
Today in Afro History ! Barry Sanders wins Heisman Trophy in 1988 ! Jennifer Hosten becomes the first Afro woman to win Miss World in 1970 ! was last modified: December 1st, 2017 by Marc Alexander