- Today in Afro History ! The Montgomery Bus Boycott begins in 1955 !
- Today in Afro History ! Bishop Desmond Tutu defies apartheid laws by walking on a whites only beach in 1989 ! Renaldo “Skeets” Nehemiah breaks world record in the 110m hurdles and becomes the first ever to run it under 13 seconds in 1981 !
- Today in Afro History ! James Earl Ray pleads guilty to killing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1969.
- Today in Afro History ! Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated in 1968.
- Today in Afro History ! Civil Rights Act of 1964 signed into law ! Vermont becomes the first American territory to abolish slavery in 1777 !
- Today in Afro History ! “The Jeffersons” premieres on TV in 1975 ! Willie O’Ree makes NHL debut in 1958 ! MLK holiday observed in all 50 states in 1993 !
Today in Afro History ! Baseball Legend, Satchel Paige passes away in 1982. James Earl Ray is Captured for killing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968. was last modified: May 30th, 2018 by Marc Alexander