- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! Lee Elder becomes the first Afro American to play in golf’s Masters Tournament ! (Augusta Georgia 1975)
- Today in Afro History ! Sidney Poitier becomes first Afro American to win Academy Award for Best Actor in 1964 ! Tiger Woods becomes the first Afro American to win a Golf Major in 1997 !
- Today in Afro History ! Tuskegee Institute founded in 1881 ! New York State Abolishes slavery in 1827 !
- Today in Afro History ! The Tuskegee Merchant Boycott begins in response to the attempt to exclude Afro American voters in Tuskegee Alabama in 1957.
- Today in Afro History ! George Foreman knocks out Ken Norton in 2nd round of Heavyweight Championship fight in 1974 ! Thomas J. Martin patents the Fire Extinguisher in 1872 !
Today in Afro History ! Governor George Wallace tries to prevent Afro American Students from registering at the University of Alabama in 1963. Vivian Malone Jones being escorted in by Deputy U.S. Attorney General. was last modified: May 30th, 2018 by Marc Alexander