- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! Carol Mosley Braun becomes the first Afro American woman elected to the U.S. Senate in 1992 !
- Today in Afro History ! Thurgood Marshall is nominated to become the first Afro American on the U.S. Supreme Court in 1967 !
- Today in Afro History ! Crispus Attucks is the first American to be killed at the Boston Massacre in 1770.
- Today in Afro History ! Jupiter Hammon, who was a slave in New York, publishes “An Evening Thought” in 1760, which is the first work by an Afro American to be published in the U.S.
- Today in Afro History ! “Freedom’s Journal”, the first Afro American owned and operated newspaper published in the United States. Founded in 1827 !
Today in Afro History ! Edward W. Brooke becomes the first Afro American Senator in 1966 ! was last modified: November 1st, 2018 by Marc Alexander