- Today in Afro History ! The Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is adopted in 1870, which prohibits the denying of any citizen the right to vote based on race or color !
- Today in Afro History ! Edward W. Brooke becomes the first Afro American Senator in 1966 !
- Today in Afro History ! Thurgood Marshall is nominated to become the first Afro American on the U.S. Supreme Court in 1967 !
- Today in Afro History ! Kofi Annan is elected as the Secretary General of the United Nations in 1996 !
- Today in Afro History ! Barack Obama becomes the first Afro American elected as President of the United States in 2008 !
- Today in Afro History ! Jupiter Hammon, who was a slave in New York, publishes “An Evening Thought” in 1760, which is the first work by an Afro American to be published in the U.S.
Today in Afro History ! Carol Mosley Braun becomes the first Afro American woman elected to the U.S. Senate in 1992 ! was last modified: October 31st, 2017 by Marc Alexander