Breaking News:

LA County To Cap Ticket Sales, Require Anti-Drug Messaging At Electronic Music Events

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — An effort by Los Angeles County officials to make electronic music festivals at county facilities safer is forcing one of the biggest concert promoters in the U.S. to change how they do business. Live Nation has cancelled an event scheduled for Sept. 10 at the Fairplex in Pomona and agreed to “significant conditions to address health and safety concerns” at a second two-day event scheduled for Oct. 31 – Nov. 1, according to officials with L.A. County Supervisor Hilda Solis’ office. The move comes on the heels of a motion introduced by Solis and Supervisor Mike Antonovich earlier this month directing officials to report back on several health and safety issues involved with electronic music festivals, more popularly known as “raves”. KNX 1070’s Pete Demetriou reports the Board of Supervisors passed the motion with a unanimous 5-0 vote in what Supervisor Don Knabe believes will lead to changes for public safety at concerts countywide. “You want people to have a good time, you’re not trying to prevent that, it’s a unique kind of concert, event, whatever you wanna call it,” said Knabe. “But at the end of the day, you just can’t allow craziness.” One of the requested changes agreed to by Live Nation includes a 21-and-older age limit with limited ticket sales and security enhancements. There will be also be increased cooling stations, shaded areas, misting stations and free water readily available to all attendees at such events. In addition, officials say anti-drug and drug education messaging will be produced and distributed at the Live Nation event in consultation with the County’s Department of Public Health. Read More »

Jim Buss on If The Lakers Will Welcome Kobe Back After This Season

Kobe Bryant will make $25 million this season and you deserve what they give you, so I have no issues with that, but what happens if Kobe wants to play next year for the Lakers? How much will he want? Will he accept less playing time? Will the Lakers even want him back? A lot of those questions will be answered by how he plays this season, but here is what Jim Buss had to say about Kobe’s future. “We’re going to approach it like it is [his final season], but that doesn’t mean it is,” Jim Buss, the Lakers’ part-owner and executive vice president of basketball operations, told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday. “I’m not going to sit there and say, ‘This is it, Kobe, you’re done,’ because it’s not my decision, it’s his decision.” The Lakers can’t publicly say they hope Kobe will retire, but you get the feeling they hope that is what happens. Read More »

Broner-Allakhverdiev Title Fight Signed For Oct 3rd in Cincy

Former three-division world champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner (30-2, 22 KOs)returns to his hometown looking for a fourth world title as he faces fellow former world champion Khabib “The Hawk” Allakhverdiev (19-1, 9 KOs) for the WBA Super Lightweight world title on Saturday, October 3 live on SHOWTIME (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT) from U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. In the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING co-feature, undefeated IBF Junior Lightweight World Champion Jose “The Sniper” Pedraza (20-0, 12 KOs) will defend his belt against veteran former world title challenger Edner “Cherry Bomb” Cherry (34-6-2, 19 KOs). “I’m excited to be back in Cincinnati taking on a tough world class fighter who is going to bring it,” said Broner. “This fight means the world to me. It’s a huge deal to have the chance to be a four-division world champion at 26 years old.” “Broner is a good boxer, he is a fast and talented guy, but as a man I don’t have anything good to say about him,” said Allakhverdiev. “I am looking forward to a world championship winning performance and I know that if he tries to do something to get in my head, to approach me or to push me that I will be as restrained as possible and save my anger for fight night.” Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Read More »

Guy Behind the “What Are Those?” Meme Is In Jail

It was only a few weeks ago that the now-famous video showing a police officer’s clunky black boots and a voice in the background which shouted, “What are those?” made its rounds on the Internet. The video has 17 million views on the web, and countless memes. The phrase has become such a phenomenon, it landed its very own spot on Urban Dictionary. “This is what you say/scream when you see someone wearing shoes or other footwear that are dirty and/or non-brand unknown. You should also point your finger in the air then while saying, “What are those?” Make your way down to the person[s] shoes, all while their back is turned.” The man behind the memes, Young Busco, is now in jail for narcotics, once again according to Vice. “That’s really crazy,” says Young Busco (real name Brandon Moore), a 28-year-old father of five from Oakland, California. “I got the whole world making fun of people’s shoes.” Busco was reveling in his meme glory until he was arrested on the evening of July 17, 2015—a month after he dropped his now-famous video—for a narcotics charge as well as a probation violation. Busco faces felony charges for transportation for sale of a controlled substance and for violating the terms of his probation Read More »

Cam Newton On A Hover Board In 7-Eleven (Video)

As long as he doesn’t get hurt, I assume this is cool. A Panthers fan, out and about, happened to film the franchise quarterback cruising around a Charlotte 7-Eleven on his hover board. MI Boi #CAMNEWTON A video posted by RoyJonez (@ofjdgaf) on Aug 27, 2015 at 7:03am PDT H/T: Busted Coverage Read More »

Subway Owner Who Had Affair With Jared Told Company He Liked Sex With Kids in 08

Subway has claimed that they had no idea Jared was a pedophile, but according to this franchise owner she told certain people within the company about well before the feds found out. Cindy Mills, who ran a Subway restaurant franchise in Pensacola, Fla., said she started reaching out to Subway executives abou t Jared Fogle’s interest in children after he spoke openly about it with her. In total, Mills talked to three executives with Subway’s advertising unit, known as the Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, she told Business Insider in an interview that included her lawyer, Robert Beasley. SFAFT pools and manages advertising funds for the restaurant chain’s franchisees. Mills said she met Fogle at a Subway event and had an affair with him, according to BI’s report. During that time, Fogle told her he’d had sex with prostitutes between the ages of 9 and 16 years old in Thailand and the US, she said. He also asked her to set up a meeting for him with Mills’ cousin, who was underage at the time, she told BI. Mills became “uncomfortable with relationship” after Fogle allegedly pressured Mills to sell herself on Craigslist, BI said. Strange she felt uncomfortable when he asked her to sell herself, but not when he told her about the kids. Whatever the case it looks like someone at Subway knew and ignored it going all the way back to 2008. Read More »

Homeless Man Says He and RG3 Has Something in Common (Photo)

Going to be a long year for the Redskins, that will probably end with Jay Gruden being fired and RG3 moving on to another team to try to resurrect his career. When homeless people are using your situation to compare to their own situation, you have a serious problem on your hands. This homeless man has an opinion about #RG3 #Redskins #NFLPreseason pic.twitter.com/bKv1dWUGdR — alexis mccombs (@mzgridirongirl) August 25, 2015 Read More »

Scroll To Top
rfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-sliderfwbs-slide
shared on wplocker.com